Elder Law Attorney MN
Ronald Berglund Law is an Elder Law Attorney MN.
What is Elder Law in MN?
“Elder law” is an umbrella term that refers to legal issues we all confront as we age. We will all face:
- estate planning,
- retirement planning and its tax implications,
- healthcare issues and the requirements for Medicare or Medicaid,
- and guardianships and conservatorships, as we age.
Despite its name, people should start understanding elder law issues and planning well before retirement age.
Planning is even more urgent for someone with elderly family members who are disabled or have special needs.
Berglund Law Office is an Elder Law attorney in MN that can help your family navigate the complex and confusing maze of rules and regulations we all face on this journey.
We help families with planning for the future
When one family member is faced with new challenges resulting from aging and/or disability including the following:
• Advice concerning medical assistance;
• Advice concerning disability or long-term care planning;
• Advice concerning asset protection and the “spend down”;
• Advice concerning the “Elderly Waiver” and asset transfers;
• Advice concerning personal care service contracts;
• Advice concerning powers of attorney and health care directives.
Everyone must know the “ins and outs” of “Medicaid” or Medical Assistance. Medicaid– known as Medical Assistance in Minnesota– is a combined federal and state program designed to provide financial assistance to those in need for their medical and long-term-care expenses.
It is the only government program that will pay for long-term nursing home care. The rules that establish qualification for Medicaid/Medical Assistance are very complex and change frequently.
It is imperative that you speak with a qualified elder law attorney before taking any actions that might cause problems for you and your family. Many actions concerning Medicaid/ Medical Assistance can also have family relationship, tax, and legal ramifications that must be considered.