Estate Planning: Your Guide to Minnesota Law Relating to Probate, Trusts & Estates
Your Guide to Minnesota Law Relating to Probate, Trusts & Estates
Attorney Ronald Berglund’s easy to read overview of Minnesota estate planning is a must for every Minnesotan who needs a basic understanding of Minnesota law relating to estate planning, probate, wills, trusts and trusts. Berglund reminds us that estate planning is not just for the wealthy, because EVERYONE has an estate. Even those of us with modest estates still need a plan.
Estate Planning describes each of the documents we need to help us plan for life’s certainties. The book will help you create your plan for managing your assets while you are alive and distributing them after your death.
The following objectives are highlighted:
- Ensuring that your assets will provide you with the income and resources on which to live comfortably;
- Ensuring that upon your death your assets will go to the people and/or organizations you wish;
- Minimizing estate taxes, fees and other costs, and
- Designating the best person(s) to make financial and/or health care decisions for you in the event that you become incapacitated.
The documents explained in Estate Planning will help you create a comprehensive estate plan and avoid many of the problems that often arise. Some of these problems are things we never think about during life, or things which may be so troubling or overwhelming that we push them out of our minds. However, in the absence of a solid estate plan, these issues- if they arise- will have to be resolved by the courts and state law.
- Paperback: 114 pages
- Publisher: Independently published (April 8, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 979-8635447055
- ASIN: B086PTDR2X
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.3 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces